Are you Craving a Career? Ready for Growth?
COME SEE WHY PANDA MIGHT BE THE RIGHT PLACE!
At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Our continued growth in this location has created new career opportunities for Management, Crew Members, and Kitchen Team Members!!! Come join us!
Wasabi at CityWalk is looking for experienced Sushi Chefs!
Wasabi at CityWalk is a proud member of Panda Restaurant Group, the nation's leader in Asian dining experiences and one of its largest family-owned businesses. If you're loo king for a career in a fast-paced fine dining establishment then we have the right recipe for you!
- Prepare sushi (fancy rolls, preparing fish, etc.)
- Create new dishes, rols, presentations and sauces
- Interact with, explain to and educate guests on food knowledge at sushi bar
- Confirm that all dishes are as fresh as possible and presentable
- Keep work area clean
We offer all Full-Time Associates:
- Progressive Compensation Package and Bonus Opportunity
- Paid Training to prepare you for success
- On-Going Career & Leadership Development
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401 K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Associate Discounts and free meals when you work
- Opportunities for growth into Management positions
- 2+ years of sushi-making experience
- Outgoing personality and be able to upsell
- Neat, clean and sharp appearance
- Strong customer service skills
- Great listening and communication skills - fluent English is a must!
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Able to lift up to 50lbs to shoulder level on a repetitive basis
- Work without sitting for up to 5 hours
- Remember instructions without visual aids
- Follow instructions accurately without close supervision
Kitchen work space is restricted & without seating while on duty. It is usually hot and noisy. Floors are often wet & slippery. Storage is limited & often shelving is high up. At peak periods, kitchen associates are under pressure to prepare food quickly enough to keep up with customer demand. Kitchen associates need to fetch ingredient from the cooler at 40oF and from the freezer at 0 oF, as well as lifting containers from high shelves using ladders.
Equipment Used: wok & range, deep fryer, grill, BBQ oven, steamer, food processor, meat slicer, steel food pans & serving utensils, food preparation equipment, cleaning products & equipment.
Protective Clothing Recommended: Close-toed, rubber-soled shoes, hair restraint e.g. cook's hat, rubber gloves for cleaning tasks, lifting belt, disposable "sleeves" to guard against grease splashes.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.