Dayton Superior Corporation
This position is responsible for telephone sales of products to assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles list of prospective and existing customers for use in tele-sales based on information from existing customer data base, ad inquires, trade shows, website inquires, direct mail responses and other sources.
- Makes outbound calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and email to sell products and services in order to meet regional and corporate objectives. Coordinates information and efforts with field sales employees assigned to account.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert to sales.
- Develop and maintain a competent technical knowledge of products and applications to meet the technical needs of the customer base, and to protect against product liability risk.
- Continue to develop, recommend and implement, as approved, ways and means to enhance overall department effectiveness as measured by the customer.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships via personal visits and telephone contacts.
- Work with outside sales to provide product demos to qualified customers on request.
- Assists outside sales managers to keep account activities and literature up-to-date.
- May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School degree required. Advanced education preferred. Customer service/inside sales experience preferred. Position requires effective verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal and data entry skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks at hand
- MS Office proficient
- High energy, self-motivated
- Ability to work with little day-to-day supervision
- Ability to take direction
May be required to lift up to 75 pounds.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk.
Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator.
Requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.
Must be capable of walking extensively on job sites, in factories, and through distribution centers.
Inside average office environment.
Average office noise levels.
No personal protective equipment required.
Ambient temperature between 68? and 76?