Army National Guard
You already know the unmatched pride that comes from serving your country. The National Guard makes it easy for you to continue serving while receiving valuable benefits and increased flexibility in many aspects of your life. Serve part-time, and choose your life path now. Decide where you want to live, what your civilian career will look like and more. Your skills and experience from any branch of service may transfer to the Guard. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL SERVICES
- Age Must qualify for non-regular retired pay by age 60.
- Physical Must meet height/weight and current medical requirements.
- Education Must meet education standards for the MOS or option for which you enlist.
- Background Must have most current DD 214, NGB22 or discharge order and have an approved DD Form 368 Conditional Release.
The radio/communications security repairer performs or supervises field- and sustainment -level maintenance on radio receivers, transmitters, communication security equipment, controlled cryptographic items and other associated equipment.
- Install and repair circuits and wiring
- Calibrate and align equipment components
- Use test, measurement and diagnostic equipment; test program sets; and interactive electronic technical manuals to troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services on equipment
Job training for a radio communications security repairer requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 24 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom, and part takes place in the field.
Advanced Individual Training: 24 week at Fort Gordon, GA
Some of the skills you ll learn are:
- Mechanical, electronic and electrical principles
- Preventive maintenance procedures
- Line installation and wiring technique
- Communication security policy and procedure
- Interest in mathematics and solving problems
- High attention to detail
- Interest in working with electrical, electronic and electromechanical equipment
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Electronics (EL): 102
Benefits and Services Joining the Guard:
- Monthly Paycheck
- Tuition Assistance
- Now Offering up to a $20,000 Bonus
- Student Loan Repayment Plans - Repaying up to $50,000 on your behalf.
- Paid training in 130+ career fields
- Earn retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
Click link below to get in touch with a Recruiter