Apple Bank For Savings
Financial Intelligence Unit
Long Island City, NY
As the Case Investigator, of the Financial Intelligence Unit ( FIU ), the incumbent is responsible for the daily operations within the FCC sub-unit team within Apple Bank for Savings (the Bank ). The FIU acts as a primary subject matter expert ( SME ) concerning transaction monitoring, suspicious activity detection and reporting used to support BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions compliance across the Bank.
Specifically, the Case Investigator will support the Case Investigations Team in monitoring and identifying potentially suspicious activity. The incumbent will conduct a review of customer transactions escalated for further analysis and, when necessary, file a Suspicious Activity Report ( SAR ).
- Performing the review of assigned BSA/AML transaction monitoring system cases.
- Completing comprehensive reviews of customer activity escalated for further analysis.
- Reviewing complex and multi-tiered relationships to determine if escalated account activity is suspicious and requires the filing of an SAR.
- Writing a comprehensive analysis of the account activity to support the disposition to close a case or file a SAR.
- Thoroughly documenting case investigations, including supporting data, research, analysis and rationale for the recommendation within the case management system in a timely manner and in compliance with regulatory guidelines and FCC procedures.
- Providing recommendations for off-boarding clients who pose a heightened risk to the Bank as directed by the VP, Head of FIU.
- Maintaining a high degree of relevant knowledge with respect to BSA/AML laws and regulations. This includes monitoring new and proposed BSA/AML -related legislation, regulatory requirements, key enforcement actions, key trends, emerging issues, as directed by the VP, Head of FIU.
- Applying independent judgment in the identification and escalation of key BSA/AML risks.
- Displaying a high level of professional aptitude and standards .
- Recommending improvements to process in areas of efficiency, control, and work product.
- Participating in committee meetings as necessary.
- Ad-hoc and project support responsibilities, as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in banking compliance, with a strong emphasis on BSA/AML regulations and requirements preferred.
- An undergraduate degree is required and a professional certification is a plus. CAMS certification is preferred, but can be obtained at a later date (within 6 9 months of hire).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent researching and time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail.
- A team player able to work effectively in a team-fostered, multi-tasking environment.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement to full time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.