With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement plan services to organizations of all sizes. By offering this range of services, we are able to help clients eliminate the inefficiencies associated with the use of multiple vendors. Ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER), we have approximately 1,500 professionals in 75 offices nationwide. Clients in a wide array of industries rely on us for national-caliber expertise and technical depth combined with highly personalized, local service.
Are you looking for a career that will challenge you? Are you someone who is passionate about helping your clients and want to put your problem-solving skills to use? We are seeking a Senior Claims Specialist who is energetic, detail-oriented, professional with a desire to learn, and a positive attitude to support the growth of our business. This position will focus on acting as a liaison between the clients and carriers, seeing the claim from start to finish, working diligently with a sense of urgency.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Handle more *complex/challenging claims issues
- Coordinate and attend claim reviews routinely and upon request
- Coordinate and participate in claim audits
- Review loss history and provide recommendations
- Demonstrate clear understanding of coverage and legal issues and possess the ability to use these skills to influence the outcome of claim issues
- Coordinate internal claims updates to Account Service Team
- Participate in sales presentations
- Negotiate settlement with insurers
- Ability to identify and resolve/escalate complex problems with minimal guidance
- Act as a liaison between the clients and carriers
- Takes responsibility for handling customer requests and inquiries
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
*Complexity is based on the degree of uncertainty, financial risk, technical requirements, urgency, and volume or size.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of insurance claims related experience, Commercial lines insurance background
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work quickly and multitask
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 5 years of insurance claims experience
- Must maintain current required licenses and certifications relevant to field of expertise
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Advanced customer service skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to analyze and prioritize multiple responsibilities