Great opportunity for a sales leader at Oakwood! Oakwood is seeking a highly motivated and talented Vice President (VP), Sales. This role provides effective leadership and strategic direction to all sales activities to drive profitable business growth. The VP, Sales plays a crucial role in defining and executing company strategy and acts as role model, motivator, team leader and culture builder to foster adherence to Oakwood's core values. This role will lead a team of professionals to develop and achieve short and long term sales plans in support of the Company's growth strategy and revenue targets. What's in it for you? Medical / Dental / Vision coverage and Prescription Drug Programs / Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D / Short and Long Term Disability Insurance / Life Insurance for Family Members / Paid Vacation & Sick Leave / Direct Deposit Payroll and much more! Key features of your day:
- Develops objectives and policies for the Sales department.
- Establishes financial goals and performance metrics for Sales functions across all assets.
- Assists marketing develop effective ways to expand market segments that ensure a competitive positioning of the organization within the market place.
- Collaborates with multiple work functions, including but not limited to Business Development, Technical Services, Finance, Legal and Human Resources to drive objectives and strategies.
- Responsible for profit margin and overhead costs incurred for the department's operation.
- Strengthens Key Account Management and Opportunity management capabilities, leverages CRM systems (Salesforce) and drives best practices.
- Assist marketing strengthen the marketing function including portfolio management, product marketing and marketing communications.
- Manages a diverse range of situations including our owner relations, pre-opening programs, general managers and their teams, training, strategy and property performance.
- Monitors customer, market and competitor activity to provide feedback to leadership team in order to influence wider organizational strategies.
- Ensures key customer relationships are effectively managed and builds strategic business partnerships.
- Engages in industry presentations, trade shows and owners meetings / business development.
- Manages contractual agreements with existing and new business partners.
- Works closely on revenue management stratgeies and rate grids for all properties.
- Builds a trust based relationship with owners of properties.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, such as senior-level experience in a sales or marketing
- Knowledge of competitors in the field is essential, as sales efforts are usually aimed at highlighting the benefits of the company versus its competitors.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Passionate leader with vision, results orientation, high energy, a bias for action and a focus on execution.
- Must be professional, confident, and effective at solving issues.
- Must be excellent communicators and leaders.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills combined with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- A-player with a track record of progressive responsibilities and personal career growth.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.