The HIM Coder will ensure smooth workflow within the Department. Routinely performs the medical coding function.
- AAS or Bachelor Degree in related HIM field and registered as an RHIA or RHIT, or CCS, or CCS-P, or equivalent certification.
- Successful completion of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology classes.
- PC skills using Excel, Word and the Internet required and 3M encoder program.
- A minimum of one year of experience coding inpatient accounts in an acute care setting; a minimum of three (3) years' experience in coding CPT-4, and E&M.
- Requires a high degree of interpersonal skills to interact with the Medical Staff, Co-Workers and staff from other departments.
- Exhibits an ability and attitude relative to the spirit of caring and tradition at Calvary Hospital as required by specific job duties and functions.