First Cleaning and Maintenance
Custodian Janitor worker must understand customer service and keep assigned areas, such as office, commercial, industrial, or institutional building in clean and orderly condition. Work successfully with fellow employees & others. Understand and follow instructions, both verbal and written. Explain how to complete a task, understand instructions for task using basic communication skills.
- Comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures. Stops at risk behavior of others and self.
- Perform work assignments in a team with other employees.
- Perform repetitive tasks.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Follow all company procedures, policies, and rules.
- Take direction and respond to supervision.
- Talk with lead, supervisor, co-workers, managers, and customers in a professional manner.
- Fill in during staff shortage.
- Support shift lead in completing punch-list items.
- Use proper personal protective equipment.
- Present a professional appearance and conduct.
- Understand customer service and satisfaction.
- Understand reporting systems, and of the environment.
Examples of tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Restroom cleaning
- Stock restrooms
- Window cleaning
- Clean ashtrays
- Pick up trash
- Wipe down sinks, partitions and stainless steel
- Straighten areas, such as lobbies, conference rooms, locker rooms, & break rooms
- Restock supply cabinet/room
- Transport trash & waste to proper disposal areas
- Clean window blinds
- Clean draperies
- Remove cobwebs
- Must be a team player
- Must be energetic, pleasant & professional
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of customer service
- No prior experience needed but its a plus
- Recognize and understand safety signs and building warning systems. Understand safety requirements, understand & meet company handbook expectations.
- Ability to change tasks or assignments outside normal duties.
Must be able to understand one s own physical limitations to the extent necessary to perform the necessary functions and tasks of the job. Stand, Walk, Sit. Use of hands to finger, handle, rub, grip, and feel. Reach above shoulders, Push/pull and grasp with hands and arms, Climb or balance. Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl. Frequently lift 0-10 lbs carry 1-3 feet. Occasionally lift 35 pounds and carry 1-5 feet. Talk and hear 100%. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust and focus100%. Exposure to all outside weather conditions. Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to normal weather conditions for the area. While performing the duties of this job, may be working around semi-trucks and trailers, dumpsters, and vans. This may include construction areas and the hazards associated with such. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing Protection not required, but may be worn for comfort.Job Requirements:
- Perform cleaning duties such as cleaning classrooms, floors, restrooms, and hallways
- Emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces
- Perform cleaning duties adhering to approved department cleaning procedures
- Assist in cleaning guest rooms
- Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition
- Sweep, and clean restrooms
- Loading/unloading dishwashers, cleaning counter tops, cleaning coffee and tea equipment, cleaning up caterings, cleaning conference rooms
- Mopping, dusting, washing floors, vacuuming, cleaning windows
- Empty and clean all trash receptacles
- Mopping, scrubbing floors, vacuuming and spot cleaning carpets
- Removing trash and sanitizing trash containers
- Provide cleaning and maintenance services
- Performing custodial duties to include vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, dust mopping and wet mopping floors, furniture dusting, cleaning and replenishing restrooms supplies
- Making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
- Maintain yard equipment and cleaning supplies
- Maintain company premises in a clean and orderly way by picking up trash, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, or using industrial cleaning equipment to clean floors
- Use cleaning chemicals and equipment
- Perform light dusting, window cleaning, vacuuming, and dishware cleaning
- Performing cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing carpet, washing walls and glass, removing trash
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties