Crew Members are the face of our business and are in a position of great potential for fun, learning and growth.
We are a family owned business and it shows.
We lead with compassion and community. And, are dedicated to creating opportunities for success and teamwork to grow. Many members of our seasoned Management team started out in the Crew Member role. Maybe this same opportunity is right for you!
We want to exceed even your own expectation for customer service. Our Crew Members are 100% focused on creating that memorable customer service experience for each and every guest.
With a pathway to additional learning, training, duties, money, jobs, the position of Crew Member is just the beginning for you. COME SHINE WITH US!!
- Greet guests in a friendly, professional manner.
- Take guest orders, process payment and make accurate change.
- Ensure guest receives hot, quality products as ordered.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Direct guest complaints to Shift Leader and assist in resolution.
- Clean and stock station, dining area, restrooms, and premises.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, floors, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as broilers, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Read food orders on monitors and receive verbal instructions as to food required by guest, and prepare and cook food according to instructions and quality standards.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking using food production equipment including slicers, dicers, and other processing equipment.
- Manually wash pots, pans and other utensils according to cleanliness standards.
- Clean and stock assigned station area and other areas as needed (including restrooms and premises).
- Participate in ongoing Crew training program.
- 100% Attendance
- Follow all company guidelines for food and cash controls.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Have a food handler s permit and/or obtain one within 30 days of staring.
- Enrollment in high school; high school diploma or equivalent is preferable.
- Successful team members are service oriented with not only the guest, but also your team members.
- A good team player will communicate consistently, be able to comfortably interact with customers, handle service issues that may arise in a professional manner, and be able to take initiative and problem solve.
- Basic math skills are critical.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Bend and stoop
- Work around heat
- Work in close quarters with others
- Move throughout the restaurant to perform assigned tasks
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work with various cleaning products.
- Working conditions sometimes involve exposure to excessive heat and cold associated with kitchen environment.
- Exposure to various foods, cleaning chemicals, sharp utensils, and hazardous food preparation equipment.
JCK Restaurants, Inc. & KB Restaurants, Inc. are an independent franchisee of Carl s Karcher Enterprises.