Position Title: Assistant Manager II
As an Assistant Manager II you are expected to follow the coaching and operational lead of your Store Manager. You are expected to maximize sales by providing exceptional service and creating long-term, quality relationships with your customers. On limited occasions, you are also expected to maintain the operational performance of your store through active coaching, interactive team selling, facilitation of a cohesive and safe work environment, and control of all operations when the Store Manager and/or Assistant Manager are not present. This includes, but is not limited to, the following expectations:
Sales and Service:
- Build a relationship with your customer from greeting through post-sale contact. Assist all customers in a timely and appropriate manner, including tuxedo rental customers.
- Participate in setting and monitoring your personal sales and statistical goals. Meet and maintain your personal volume goal while maintaining an above average quality of sale.
- Introduce yourself to wedding occasion customers at the appropriate time during the consultation to drive rental, retail, or custom sales from wedding occasion customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency and ensure compliance with all aspects of the tuxedo rental operations and ensure that all sales support staff execute properly all areas of tuxedo rental operations.
- Attend Bridal shows in your market when needed.
- Assist in receiving shipments, putting away new merchandise, and maintaining a clean and neat store.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Interpret, follow and execute detailed instructions. Learn, apply and retain Company policies and procedures; merchandise and selling information.
- Communicate clearly and professionally all written and verbal instructions with coworkers and customers.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and competitive team sales environment.
- Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations. Climb a ladder to reach merchandise and or supplies located above shoulder level.
- Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
- Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
- Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes as long as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
- Frequent (at least 2/3 of the work day) bending and twisting at neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work at least 40 hours per week, which may include working any of the hours the store is in operation, at least two closing shifts per week, Saturdays, and six days per week during peak periods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Our company celebrates diversity and provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, veteran or military status, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or any other protected status under the law.
Work Locations: 01801 Billings Mt 2350 King Ave W Ste 100 Billings 59102
Job: Store Management
Organization: Men's Wearhouse