Do you have a passion to help others? Do you enjoy caring for people and making a difference in people's lives? If so, come join our team as a caregiver!
At FirstLight Home Care, our Culture of Care defines our philosophy. We are committed to providing a professional home for those who are passionate about caring for others. We believe that we must take care of our Caregivers for them to be able to take care of our clients, and we go the extra mile to ensure they feel supported.
An individual who has completed personal care training and is competent to perform assigned functions of personal care to the client in their residence.
- Must have completed personal care training program and competency.
- Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
- Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Provide companionship to client.
- Prepare and serve meals, snacks, and assist in feeding when necessary.
- Provide grooming and dressing guidance.
- Provide light housekeeping.
- Provide laundry and linen service to include: washing, ironing and folding clothes.
- Provide shopping service to client to include grocery and clothes shopping.
- Provide transportation for client which includes visits to doctor appointments, friends, family members, or stores.
- Provide assistance and planning of client s recreational activities and events.
- May remind client of medications or assist client with self-administration of medications.
- Assist clients with personal hygiene, including: shower, tub or bed baths, oral care, hair and skin care.
- Assist clients in the use of toilet facilities, including bed pans.
- Assist clients in and out of bed, excluding the use of mechanical lifting equipment unless trained and documented as competent.
- Assist clients with walking, including the use of walkers and wheelchairs, when applicable.
- Assist with prescribed exercises when the client and the aide have been instructed by the appropriate health professional.
- Record and report changes in the client s physical condition, behavior or appearance to supervisor or Care Coordinator.
- Document services delivered in accordance with FirstLight Home Care policies and procedures.
- Observe and maintain the home environment that ensures the safety and security of the consumer.
- Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.