Chrysler - Mopar
Automotive Warranty Administrator
Warranty administrators ensures the dealership is paid for warranty work by preparing, submitting and following up on claims. As with all positions within dealerships, warranty administrators are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
- Processing all warranty paperwork to ensure proper documentation and verifying criteria required by factory or distributor
- Keeping abreast of all factory recalls and announcements
- Arranging for parts to be shipped to the factory or distributor and resubmitting all rejected claims promptly
- Assisting with body shop warranty claims and following up on outstanding claims
- Reconciling all warranty receivables and working with the accounting department to obtain payments
- Keeping track of all warranty parts by noting the repair order number, date of replacement and date on which part may be disposed
- Maintaining all service and customer records as required by the warrantor
- Warranty administrators should have experience with automotive parts (identification, inspection, classification of component groups, etc.)
- Overall automotive vehicle knowledge
- Good computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Chrysler experience preferred but not required
People working within the automotive retail industry often have to work extended hours, evenings and weekends to achieve their goals.