AgriVision Equipment Group is seeking a highly motivated Technology Support Technician to work with customers and internal departments to support technology including guidance, automation, equipment set up, technology optimization, and equipment connectivity. The person in this role will be responsible for quickly adapting to new industry technology offerings and resolving customer and employee technology issues with a high sense of urgency. They will also work with other team members to pro-actively implement solutions that improve customer experience and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Technology Support Technician will set up and troubleshoot technology for combines, sprayers, floaters, tractors, self-propelled forage harvesters, planters, tillage and RTK systems.
- Work closely with the AVE Connected Support Team and location Service Manager to respond to company technicians, sales personnel and customers when Connected Support is unable to remotely repair technology. Much of this work will be done in the field with customers.
- Must be able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage customer support packages and ensure time is allocated and/or billed properly.
- Must promote support packages and the value of optimized equipment both internally and externally.
- Maintain current product knowledge on all new/used equipment potentially saleable by the dealership, including features/benefits and machine compatibility/ technology integration.
- Assist in leading the organization in the area of innovative farming solutions and serve as the internal and external technical specialist.
- Exhibits outstanding communication skills and cooperates with other departments and locations. Promotes teamwork, maintains a positive attitude and supports the concept of one face to our customers. Must embrace change with a high level of adaptability.
- Perform basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment.
- Lead set-up and optimization of all new equipment and technology.
- Responsible to tracking hours and meeting company goals that create impact.
- Identify, recommend, quote, and update any and all customer equipment in for service that has technology.
- Must promote and live for the AVE Guiding Principles daily.
- 2-5 years of experience in an agricultural-related role with activities such as sales, service, training, or other related work. Prior experience with JD technology and support is preferred.
- Associate s Degree, or higher, in an agricultural-related major or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted
- Solid communication skills. Can deal with and effectively resolve challenging customer issues.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities, meet short/changing deadlines and is energized by a fast-paced environment.
- Can build relationships through phone interaction and/or web-based communications
- Strong data management abilities and computer skills including excel and PowerPoint (or similar tools) and ability to analyze and interpret data and reports
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work outside 50% of the time in all weather conditions
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, paid-time-off (PTO) and 401K with match