The customer service rep receives incoming calls, determines the nature of each call and directs the caller to the appropriate person or department. Answers basic inquiries and takes messages.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Meet and greet customers in a professional manner
- Operate switchboard telephone system
- Communicate with callers in a professional, friendly and efficient manner, striving to minimize the amount of time spent on hold
- Take thorough messages, indicating the callers first and last name, company name if applicable, the time and the message the caller wishes to leave
- Provide basic information to callers who have general inquires
- Assist with filing duties and other administrative tasks as needed
- Prepare sales and service gas tickets for the Accounting Department
- Serve as a backup to the Sales Department Cashier
- Assist the General Manager with various clerical duties as needed
- Attend meetings and trainings as scheduled
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be friendly, professional, courteous and efficient when working with all customers and employees
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate user of MS Office Suite and PDF documents with excellent keyboarding skills
- Ability to quickly adapt and react to changes within the work environment.
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers.
- Ability to prioritize work projects and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing, both in group and in one-on-one situations.
- Ability to demonstrate an awareness of personal strengths and areas of improvement and act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Proven documentation skills.
Education, Training, Experience
- Associates Degree or two years of college coursework
- 3+ years experience in an office administration