American University of Health Sciences
American University of Health Sciences (AUHS) is searching for an Administrative Assistant with a positive attitude and a commitment to diversity, openness, flexibility, integrity, and kindness.
The Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive, specialized administrative and operational support. Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintains key contacts databases and maintains both paper and electronic filing systems.
- Examines correspondence, memos, directives, materials, etc. received. Initiates relevant action such as replying to requests by sending a form letter
- Initiates relevant action such as replying to requests by sending a form letter, arranging meetings, or compiling recurring reports.
- Refers other correspondence to supervisor for action along with pertinent information available.
- Types letters, reports, forms, etc. from rough drafts, making changes in grammar, punctuation, and spelling as needed. May record and transcribe dictation and meeting minutes.
- Screens and directs calls and visitors
- Maintains appointment and work schedules, secures accommodation for supervisors.
- Coordinates other function within a defined area as assigned, serving as an effective liaison between supervisor and internal and external contacts.
- May assist other departments by providing relief when necessary
- Establishes and properly maintains an effective record-keeping system for correspondence, reports supplies and other sources of information.
- May perform receptionist duties for the Institute include answering incoming calls, taking messages, and greeting visitors.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Must have a Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Experience in corporate, general office, clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
- Expert in using office software packages, technology, and systems.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to independently interpret prioritized and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems.
- Ability to effectively write and present own reports. Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please click the link below to take the aptitude test:
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with AUHS. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants.
Bi-lingual in Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese or Korean or other languages is required.
Willing to sponsor the right candidate for employment visa
Job Type: Full-time
- Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese or Khmer/Cambodian.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Working alone and with a team
- Provide general office administrative services
- Assist with general office administrative tasks
- Perform other administrative/clerical duties
- Perform administrative and office support
- Accomplishing clerical or administrative duties
- Maintain files in the administrative office
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Preforming routine general administrative duties
- Performing administrative duties and office support activities
- Providing administrative support the corporate office
- Provide office support to other administrative staff
- Perform other administrative/secretarial duties
- Assist with other administrative duties
- Provide administrative support to other administrative assistants and departments
- Perform all administrative duties for the office
- Maintaining administrative and clerical files
- Perform general office support and administrative assistance
- Perform administrative and office support activities
- Perform administrative tasks such as mail
- Performing general clerical and administrative duties