Sales Associates act as a Halloween City representative to provide quality customer service. Each Sales Associate is to follow the basic policies and procedures that Halloween City has established in order to achieve our overall goals. All sales associates may be cross-trained as a cashier.
- Acknowledges all customers through a greeting, smile and/or eye contact regardless of the task at hand
- Maintains store zone assigned by manager on duty
- Delivers exceptional customer service through personal contact with customers
- Utilizes suggestive selling to help meet/exceed daily sales goals and enhance customer's shopping experience
- Processes incoming freight as directed
- Ensures the continued integrity of store merchandising including flow-o-grams, plan-o-grams and end caps
- Maintains store appearance through assigned cleaning tasks and daily fronting/straightening/flexing of merchandise
- Communicates inventory and replenishment needs to management team
- Supports corporate sales initiatives such as 'Item of the Day' and contests
- Complies with corporate Loss Prevention and Human Resources policies and procedures
- Alerts manager on duty to possible shoplifters, store security and loss prevention concerns
- Identifies and corrects store safety concerns immediately to prevent accidents
- Completes assigned Halloween training program
- Ensures the execution of company data integrity process
- Cashier Responsibilities
- Operates the cash registers in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assumes responsibility for all transactions and paperwork associated with assigned register
- Inspects packaged merchandise to ensure proper contents
- Monitors flow of customer traffic, requesting additional cashiers or assistance when needed
- Displays and maintains checkout merchandising
- Supports corporate marketing initiatives at point of sale
- Maintains an organized and clean appearance behind checkout area by stocking register supplies such as bags, register paper, etc.
- Communicates needs for small bills and change to manager on duty with appropriate notice
- Alerts manager on duty of any potential loss prevention concerns such as counterfeit money, quick change artists, etc.
- Ensures that our customers complete their shopping experience with a positive image of Halloween City, by bagging their items appropriately and thanking them for shopping at Halloween City
This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities will be determined by the management team, as dictated by store needs.
- Lift, push, and pull 50 lbs.
- Frequent kneeling, bending and stooping
- Climb ladders
- Standing throughout entire shift