This position requires a very strong aptitude in industrial automation equipment and processes. These involve: working with/on CNCs, PLCs, various electronic control systems, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls, gearboxes, drivetrains, and machinery rigging or Mill-Right experience. The responsibilities include performing highly diversified duties such as installing, troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical, electrical, electronic controls, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment including CNC press brakes, lasers, punch presses, and other highly automated equipment.
- Maintain and repair specialized mechanical equipment and machinery including but not limited to: rollformers, lasers, turret punches, brake presses and motion control systems.
- Perform final electrical hookups, preventative maintenance and/or electrical repairs in accordance with all OSHA and NEC requirements for electrical systems raning from 5VDC to 480 VAC.
- Work with and troubleshoot PLC's, variable speed drives, servos and other industrial electronic devices.
- Participate and contribute in a team environment to reduce costs and promote other company objectives.
- Maintain and repair building structures and work on plumbing and electrical, as needed.
Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
- ASS Degree in an Electrical / Technical Field with 5+ years technical or electrical maintenance experience in an industrial, manufacturing environment, experience with sheet metal manufacturing (i.e. metal-working or roll-forming) a plus. Or, 7+ years in an industrial maintenance role working directly with automation equipment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience/ proficiency in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic/pneumatic systems. Experience with automation controls (PLCs, motor controls, VFD s) is a plus.
- Industrial maintenance experience including general mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
- Experience in electrical installation per NEC code and preventative maintenance standards for electrical systems ranging in voltage from 5VDC to 480VAC.
- Experience in mechanical installation per OSHA safety regulations and preventative maintenance standards for mechanical production systems.
- Capable of reading, troubleshooting from, and complete installation based off of electrical schematics, ladder logic diagrams, and mechanical prints.
- Extensive experience with and proficient in installation and troubleshooting photo eyes, limit switches, proximity switches, and other sensing devices is highly desired.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40 F to 105 F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or craw, and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Maintenance, Technician, Electrical, CNC, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology