Central Garden & Pet
Central Pet Distribution is hiring Warehouse Associates! Night Shift (Monday through Friday)
Do you love pets and love working in a fast-paced environment? Our growing company is seeking experienced warehouse associates in our Sacramento warehouse operation. In this operation you will be primarily responsible for pulling orders and loading trucks in a timely, accurate and damage free manner. If you are dependable, responsible and committed to safety, this is the job for you!
Location: Central Pet Distribution Center on Florin Perkins Road in Sacramento, CA
Shift Details: Night Shift The scheduled hours are Monday through Friday 6:30PM to 3:00AM, and we work until all the trucks are loaded. Starting wage is $15.00/hr.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Process transactions utilizing RF technology or paper if necessary
- Pick orders that are scheduled to ship that day and package merchandise to ensure safe transport
- Inspect merchandise to ensure only quality product is used to complete the order
- Assist with receiving of inbound product; including inspection of product for damage or infestation, verification of items shipped, put product away and record shortages.
- Utilize pallet jacks, pallet riders, tow tractors, stand-up reach forklift and sit-down forklift where applicable
- Utilize stretch wrap machine where applicable
- Assist with daily cleanup activities in accordance with the company food safety program
- Assist with cycle count and physical inventory activities
- Assist with processing of product returns; including putting product back to stock and disposing of unsaleable inventory
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES:
- 1+ year related warehouse experience
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to read and write legibly in English, carry out oral instructions in English, count and do basic math
- Experience working with material handling equipment and RF scanner experience preferred
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds and stack on a pallet or cart at a height of 5 feet in a safe manner, with or without accommodation
- Position requires the ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, and frequent bending and squatting throughout the entire shift
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Work is conducted in a warehouse environment with temperature changes depending on the season
- Working inside trailers while loading or unloading trucks
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance
- Referral Program with cash bonus
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Please visit our website for additional information www.central.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.