At ADT, we ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The product manager will identify product opportunities, solutions and markets where ADT can expand its Commercial services. The Product Manager is responsible for managing all related products provided by internal development teams and third parties which will provide a service ADT markets to customers. This includes activities pertaining to the development, enhancement and deployment of security products for integrated commercial services . The Product Manager will manage the processes of specifying, evaluating, procuring, integrating, financial planning, and implementation of security products, establish and maintain internal and external strategic vendor relationships, understand the ADT Commercials service strategies , market drivers and services portfolio and also provide strategic and tactical direction to internal and third parties, managing product release schedules and the business relationship with third party partners and providers. Actions and decisions made by the Product Manager will affect current and future sales strategies, partner relationships, markets, application of technology, and overall company growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create new product requirements and/or specifications for ADT Commercial products including; all integrated commercial service and product solutions that service our existing and future base of customers in the security, fire, and life safety space.
- Support ADT monitoring centers with product and service needs and issues.
- Manage day to day business activities with suppliers including pricing, technical support, compliance and inventory.
- Determine business initiatives and develop processes in line with corporate strategy and vision related to specific product lines
- Monitor industry and technology fields to ensure a continued technology leadership position within industry
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Service, and Installation to present objectives and direction, assist with promotion programs, and acquire customer feedback. Participate in configuration, installation, integration, reliability, training and other technical issues related to product installation, service, and customer acceptance, and plan corrective actions when and where needed.
- Provide weekly status reporting and presentations to Product team management and others as required on the Product activities and third party relationship using corporate directed methods.
- Respond to Product issues and problems both on a proactive and reactive basis by appropriate methods in order to ensure a rapid, quality deployment of the end products. Proactively identify and resolve Product related business issues with internal and third party teams.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Engineering, Industry Relations and IT to ensure continued compliance with ADT and other industry standards and requirements.
- Work closely with Engineering on product evaluation, analysis, configuration, installation, integration, reliability, and other technical issues related to product design, fitness for use, and regulatory agency approvals.
- Review product ideas presented by various external sources for viability and possible inclusion into the ADT product line.
- Be proactive in industry's marketing direction and trends, and establish the appropriate application product and service strategy for tactical as well as strategic planning and future initiatives that will assure the ADT position as the industry leader in technology and services.
- Use and support the ADT Rally Point Process for new product introductions and product cancellations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four (4) year degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent business experience.
- Advanced degree in Management is desirable
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in security products industry
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in product management
- Video and/or integrator experience desirable
- Business Financial Analysis
- Product Marketing
- Sound written and oral communication skills especially for management presentations
- Strong background in business principles, practices and procedures
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact with other internal team members, suppliers and customers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.