Responsible to package, weigh, label and remove to storage finished product and maintain a clean work environment. Also to move and empty batch, cullet and trash cans and dumpsters and maintain a clean work environment. Production Material Handler Assisting production Material Handler working in Pit - Responsible for insuring that the tanks have adequate batch. Material Handler working in warehouse - To maintain the warehouse including finished pallet put away location accuracy, packaging material put away locations, count accuracy on all returns and work with quality, grind and loading trailers for shipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT :
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
2. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee is required to lift, bend, twist, talk and hear.
4. The employee must lift and/or move up to and including 35 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, far vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
6. The employee must be able to work in both cold (0 degrees F)and hot temperatures (120 degrees F)
7. The employee must be able to successfully pass the requirements to drive a motorized vehicle.
8. The employee must be able to work rotating shifts.
Must be able to wear a respirator, Must be able to climb heights.
Must be able to work in confined spaces Batch House material handler - must be able to climb heights, wear a respirator and drive motorized equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING : (Other duties may be assigned as necessary):
1. Package quality finished product as instructed on the specification sheet.
2. Visually inspect and discard nonconforming product.
3. Weigh, label and stage finished pallets of ware.
4. Move and empty batch, cullet, trash cans and dumpsters
5. Bring out and stage empty boxes and materials as needed for packaging at each packing station
6. Good housekeeping habits
7. Ability to train others.
8. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written and/or oral instructions.
9. Follow through with any additional tasks you are asked to do.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, LICENSING, SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION: High school diploma or (GED) SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Must be able to read and interpret written documents when required. Average math skills are required. Good attitude to communicate and work with people.
REQUIREMENTS OF ALL LEVELS :
1. Follow safety rules and company procedures.
2. Promote continuous improvement in all areas of EHS.
3. Comply with Government Regulatory requirements.
4. Eliminate any unsafe acts.
5. Preserve any natural resources.
6. Strive for customer satisfaction.
7. Commit to meeting the customer requirements.
8. Communicate with the customer and each other.
9. Promote continuous improvement in everything we do. 10. Promote teamwork in plant.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this classification, the employee is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts/equipment, airborne dust, hot molten glass, airborne glass particulate. The employee is exposed to hot and cold weather conditions, risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to loud noise in the work environment.