This is a contract to permanent position working onsite at a 3PL warehouse. Our client is looking for people who want more than just a job - it's an opportunity to build customer loyalty with outstanding customer service. If you are dedicated, reliable with work and attendance, responsible, and committed to hard work and safety, our client will consider you for permanent employment and benefits with this stable company after 90 days.
- This position requires working overtime as needed and you must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends as the need arises.
- Steel-toe shoes are required
- 1st Shift: 7 am - 3:30 pm
- 2nd Shift: 12:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- 3rd Shift: 9 pm - 4 am
This position is responsible for retrieving, moving, and stacking merchandise.
- Loads, unloads, moves, stacks, and stages product using material handling equipment including forklifts.
- Picks and packs orders throughout the warehouse.
- Documents and maintains inventory, and ensures production area organization and cleanliness.
- Maintains equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Pallet building, and light assembly.
- Performs labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
- Efficiently stacks and stores the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Prepares and stages skids for outbound shipments using different carriers.
- Efficiently moves product from staging and/or storage areas into outbound trucks and trailers.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Driving box truck for deliveries. (once hired permanent)
- Will work in extreme weather, such as sun, heat, cold and warehouse conditions
You will be required to pass drug testing and a background investigation, with no felony convictions, for this position.
What Experience/Qualifications Do You Need?
- High school diploma or its equivalent is required
- Intermediate solid and current forklift skills and warehouse experience
- Able to use proper technique to lift up to 100 pounds
- Clean MVD record. No DWI's within the past 5 years.
- Someone who wants to learn, who is willing to take direction from others and safety conscious
- Clamp, push-pull experience a plus
- A great attitude, willingness to be a little flexible if the need arises.
- Excellent attendance is mandatory
- Good attitude and 'working as a team' mentality is required!
- A desire to build a career with this company, as this is an opportunity for permanent employment after 90 days. This is not a short term temporary assignment.
- Physically able to do manual labor as required to do the job.
Other Skills You Must Have:
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend, and speak English.
- Must have the ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly with great attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within specific time-frame given.
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace and shift priorities easily.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing and walking for extended periods.
- Able to work in heat, cold, in the sun as needed
It is the policy of BEStstaff, Inc. not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
"Positively changing lives through Trust, Care and Commitment based staffing"