How would you like to work with a company known for having a great work environment, fun team, and good leaders? At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard days work. Our warehouses are clean, safe and organized, giving you a great work environment and room for career growth. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
In this position, you will be a key member of our warehouse operations team. This position, based within our warehouse, will primarily act as a operations coordinator for our operations team. In this role, you can expect the following:
Manage daily order and task production in our warehouse management system.
Prioritize customer requests in Crest.
Coordinate with local managers and supervisors to align employees and workflow to meet all customer commitments.
Ensure all 'must ship today' orders are processed according to shipping commitments.
Provide daily assistance and backup for picking, packing and shipping functions.
This position is based in the warehouse and is a critical role to the success of our business. This role will be highly visible and expected to be an expert in order prioritization and routing.
This is a partial list of duties intended to give you an idea of what the position will be. More or less duties may be assigned based on the demand of the business, and the role is subject to change.
To be successful, you must have:
3+ years of order management experience within a warehouse or production environment.
Knowledge of small parcel & LTL shipment carriers and software programs (UPS, Fedex, Worldship, etc)
Knowledge of warehouse management and order management systems.
Demonstrated experience being able to communicate professionally in written and verbal forms.
Ability to change priorities quickly, ability to multi-task, and working at a very fast pace is required for this role.
Demonstrated experience using MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Position is based inside a warehouse.
- Environment can be up to 100 degrees in the summer. Warehouse is climate controlled and comfortable in the winter.
- Ability to lift throughout a shift, potentially up to 50lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, reach, push, pull, squat and walk throughout a shift.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, generally an entire shift (8+ hours per day).
- This position will be seated for portions of the day, so the incumbent should be comfortable working at a desk.
Our COVID Response and Safety Measures
Anixter strives to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable work environment for all employees. We are taking the COVID-19 Pandemic seriously and have put many measures in place to eliminate spread of COVID-19 within our workplace. This includes:
- Wearing a face mask, as determined by Anixter safety regulations or municipal law
- Following social distancing guidelines
- Regularly cleaning and sanitizing of work areas and common areas
- Temperature taking prior to entering the facility
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran