At ADT, we ve been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Performs collection related duties in conjunction with Company policies and procedures. Position will handle incoming/ outgoing telephone inquiries from the customers both internal and external in regards to portfolio assigned. Will be responsible for the resolution of customer disputes and held accountable for the timely receipt of payments. Will also be a point of contact for AR Champion, District Manager and must also work as a team with sales, customers, other departments to accelerate cash inflows and reduce credit risk.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contact past due customers daily to collect payments
- To follow up frequently for payment commitments
- To provide detailed information on collection tracking tool and ERP
- To handle all requests for documentation and to conduct all research resulting from the customer communications
- To provide superior customer service to our internal and our external customers
- To inform AR Champion and District General Manager of significant changes in account status in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform weekly conference calls with District and AR Champion
- Compile and submit information about problem accounts to the department manager
- Send customer statements on monthly basis
- Gather updated customer billing information to provide to Customer Master Department
- Place accounts with third party collection agency
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Minimum five plus years experience in credit, collections, or in a related accounting position
- Strong data entry/keyboarding skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and Office
- Basic understanding of accounting/credit principles
- Attention to detail and proven numerical accuracy and speed
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service skills, and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and efficient