Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Are you an excellent problem solver? Are you passionate about people? Do you exhibit grace under pressure?
If so, a Customer Service Representative position with General Dynamics may be perfect for you and we invite you to apply to join our rapidly growing team of contact center professionals in Bossier City, LA! #ITC
As a Customer Service Representative with General Dynamics Information Technology, you will utilize your root cause analysis and problem solving skills to manage inbound calls in our state-of-the-art contact center while supporting a large federal government contract. If you enjoy helping others, you will find this role to be both challenging and rewarding.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
On any given day, you may:
- Answer incoming phone calls on behalf of client; provide accurate and appropriate information to callers
- Assist customers by researching issues, exploring answers, and providing information and alternative solutions
- Place outbound customer service or customer satisfaction calls, as required by client
- Complete call guides; gather and verify required information
- Attend telephone skills and program information training sessions; adhere to established levels of service
- Adhere to established customer service and documentation standards within required time frames
- Adhere to contact center scheduling, ensures telephone coverage during contact center hours of operation
- Perform clerical or administrative duties as assigned.
Well qualified candidates are:
- Customer focused with a commitment to client satisfaction
- Goal oriented high performers
- Able and willing to work ANY full-time shift during our hours of operation (Monday-Friday, 7 am - 8 pm)
- Able to closely adhere to a designated work schedule
- Able to deliver thorough information within agreed upon call handle times
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Zero or more years of customer service or other telephone experience
- Excellent attendance record
- Experience working with fax machines, computer software, and telephone technology
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, drug screening, and credit check
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN
- 1 or more years of call center experience HIGHLY preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain government security clearance; pass drug screen, credit/criminal background check
PLEASE NOTE: Employees in this role may be required to work from home.
- Must be located within a 1 hour drive time of the hub site
- A quiet, private workspace preferably in a separate room with a door that can be closed to avoid distraction from other individuals or pets that may be in the home during the scheduled work hours
- Arrangements in place for dependent care (child and/or elder care) during scheduled work hours
- Availability to transportation if outages require travel to the hub site
- Broadband Internet Connection, DSL or Cable (must be tested to confirm 10 MB for download speed and 5 MB for upload speed)
- WIFI cannot be used (since it is not controlled)
- Landline Phone Requirements No landline needed for call processing connection will be made using One-X Agent. However, employee would need access to phone service in the event they need to speak with their supervisor or the IT helpdesk.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
Any Location / Remote
Additional Work Locations:
USA LA Bossier City
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.