First Vehicle Services
Join First Vehicle Services as Heavy Equipment Technician
We service heavy/construction equipment and vehicles such as backhoes, excavators, dump trucks, generators, street sweepers, loaders , dozers, gradalls, excavators for City of Fort Lauderdale!
Now offering $2,000 Sign-On or Relocation Bonus! (Conditions apply. Offer expires 12/1/2020)
Shift: Monday-Friday 3:30 pm-12 am
We re Proud to Offer You:
- $20-$30 Hourly Wages based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- $2,000 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- A Clean and Positive Work Environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days,
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
Heavy Equipment Technician Responsibilities Include:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Vehicle Services Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis, and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
Heavy Equipment Technician Qualifications:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Minimum 3 years of experience with performing preventive maintenance, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heavy equipment/construction equipment.
- Excellent communication & teamwork skills
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL while employed.
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Ability to obtain two (2) ASE or EVT certifications within first year of employment.
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
So, Who Are We?
We are First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) a leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North America. Since 1981, we ve provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the United States.
Don t Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status