- Will perform routine manual and administrative duties in material area such as receiving, storing and issuing materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Checks material against documentation for proper nomenclature, identification and quantity.
- Sorts, counts and checks received goods, raw materials, finished or semi-finished parts and subassemblies.
- Stores articles in proper location.
- Pulls items, issues material, supplies, components and parts from stock
- Prepares stock kits for production departments.
- Audits contents of kits and stock.
- Initiates reorders when minimum quantities are reached.
- Reviews status of shortages, back order files and inventory status reports.
- Interfaces with other functional areas such as receiving inspection, production control and assembly departments in order to coordinate shortages or expedite stock problems.
- Keeps stock in orderly arrangement.
- Utilizes small hand tools, scales and operates material handling equipment such as fork lifts, skids, pallet handlers and hand trucks.
- Assists the production floor with any part shortages; coordinates with the shop supervisors to get any and all last minute part shortages; pulls the parts / issues the parts/ delivers the parts to assembly.
- Assists in answering and responding to supervisors on inventory stock.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of stand up forklift experience required.