If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
Sign On Bonus up to $2000!!
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Sr. subject matter expert and trainer for assembly and test of UL 508A motor control panels
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment.
* Assists Engineering in the assembly of samples and prototypes and the evaluation of new Bill of Materials (BOMs) and work instructions as well as compliance to UL 508A.
* Builds new products prior to introduction to high volume production. Completes first piece inspection as needed and provides feedback to improve.
* Teaches and trains assemblers. Sets up stations and provides guidelines and instructions in manufacturing methods.
* Completes and maintains training records.
* Trains employees in ergonomic exercises and proper ergonomic bench and equipment set-up to foster posture, hand position and assembly technique to reduce risk of injury.
* Assists in the collection, reporting and evaluation of quality and productivity data.
* Participates in the development, implementation and analysis of training plans with the assistance of the supervisor.
* Reads Bill of material instructions to determine what is required. Verifies parts kit to Bill of Materials with experience in reading electrical/mechanical schematics.
* Performs department operations and is knowledgeable on all department job functions.
* Supports and contributes to product, process and production improvements.
* Participates with New Product Introduction into the department.
* Makes decisions on quality of product assembled.
* Completes paperwork as required.
* May enter data into various computer programs.
* Able to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervision.
* Meets and maintains quality and performance standards.
* Conducts random process audits within the department as well as other departments.