SP Industries, Inc.,
SP Industries is seeking a Maintenance Lead for our First Shift to be responsible for planning, leading and performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site s business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Plan activities, lead and manage maintenance technicians assuring safety, quality and productivity targets are achieved.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic and electrician skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments to complete resolution.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Suggest and implement production and facility equipment upgrades.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and plan repairs/improvements accordingly.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Ensure compliance of Lockout-Tagout procedures.
Education, Experience, and Work Skills
- 2-5 Years of experience in a maintenance leadership role.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred.
- Prior experience working in a team oriented environment
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
- Vacuum, furnace, lathe, combustion, glass experience preferred.
- Appropriate hand and eye coordination
- Ability to read blueprints and AutoCAD drawings.
- Controls experience a plus.
- Machining and machine shop experience preferred.
- Ability to read and speak English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The work may be indoors and / or outdoors at times, including exposure to heat, cold temperatures and humidity among others.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high quality scientific products that improve people lives.
- We are customer-focused and value our team s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaborative work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible, accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO
SP Industries Offers
We are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total well-being.
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K)
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.