City of Arvada
Arvada 80007, CO
Department of Parks, Golf & Hospitality
A Host presents a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Hostalso greets Guests upon arrival, informs Guests of their wait time, monitors a waiting list, enters Guest names into the computer system, shows Guests to their table and bids Guests farewell as they leave.A Host must be able to carry natural conversation with Guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the Host cares for our Guests by refilling beverages and performs light housekeeping duties such as cleaning glasses and menus and ensures restrooms are clean, stocked and orderly. As a member of an energetic team, the Host may also need to answer the phones and fill to-go orders when needed. Availability must include nights and weekends.
Job Functions / Scope of Authority
General Job Guideline and Responsibilities
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name.
- Use visual cues to seat Guests in either the bar or dining area depending on their preference.
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff.
- Answer incoming calls to the restaurant and provide appropriate service.
- Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining and Bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate.
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests.
- Observant to Guests' needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door).
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies.
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages.
- Issue dining charges by verifying orders; calculating taxes; totaling bill for to-go orders
- Must be able to read menus
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to clearly communicate Guests' needs to staff, including managers
- Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to Guest requests
Working Environment / Qualifications
Must be at least 16 years of age. Must pass background check.
Vision Mission Values
We Dream Big and Deliver
Mission: We are dedicated to delivering superior services to enhance the lives of everyone in our community.
Innovation: We excel in creativity, flexibility and the use of best practices while valuing diverse backgrounds, ideas and perspectives.
Passion : We are a high performing, inclusive team inspiring each other to pursue excellence.
Opportunity: We value our diversity, embrace possibilities, face challenges, persevere and take action to deliver quality results
The City is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The City of Arvada does not offer benefits to temporary and/or seasonal employees.