Provides administrative, financial, technical, and/or specialized support to elevator operations. May include entering orders/contracts into system, working with customers, coordinating logistics and paperwork, assisting with new hire on-boarding. Typically supports multiple business areas or facilities, including operations, customer service, human resources, payroll, maintenance, facilities, logistics, and finance.
- Insures all payables related to assigned products or locations are processed promptly. This involves verifying the incoming invoice with the information entered into the grain system, proper application of units to contracts, and timely settlements.
- Review each commodity invoice for accuracy, including related freight charges. Make all necessary corrections to payables within the assigned discount tables and approval from merchandiser.
- Extensive customer service responsibilities including resolution of problems and discrepancies as well as building relationships.
- Reviews all payables in the grain system and corrects any discrepancies between vendor invoice and established payables voucher on a daily basis.
- Reviews weekly all payables and receivables needing additional paperwork to complete processing.
- Responds to routine correspondence in a timely fashion with farmers, corporate management, federal auditors, and other external parties.
- Help with elevator duties such as weighing trucks, communicating with 2-way radio, etc.
- Must keep filing up to date and easily accessible.
- Assists merchandisers, regional managers, and accounting staff with reconciliations of A/R and A/P accounts.
- General office and accounting support.
- Works together with the merchandiser and manager to ensure all service work and documentation are up to date.
- Accurate data entry of inbound/outbound truck and rail units.
- Assists with the verification of daily reports with tickets loaded and unloaded into the facility and resolve any issues.
- Inform a supervisor or instructor of any safety hazards, environmental issues or system deficiencies in the workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong willingness to learn new things and progress.
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping knowledge a must; 3 years experience desired.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- General office experience.
- Grain experiences a plus.
- Multi-tasking work style.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Teamwork work as a member of a team to share ideas and solve problems.
- Good 10-key data entry skills.
- Must have good PC skills Excel spreadsheets, Windows 2000, Access.