Jacoby and Meyers
Want toLOVEwhere you work and get full training to do it?
Jacoby & Meyers is the nation's pre-eminent law firm protecting consumers since 1972. We are currently seeking a smart and determined candidate to join our growing team. At Jacoby and Meyers, every single employee gets to make an impact. Our values guide the way we work with each other. It's a culture where you have the freedom to experiment and push your talents as far as they can go.
Job Title: Legal Assistant
Type of Position:FULL TIME
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Draft demand packages to insurance companies
- Negotiate clients entire case with insurance adjusters to obtain the highest settlement possible
- Sort and read through medical records, insurance correspondence, and settlement releases on behalf of clients
- Maintain communication with clients to guide them through the settlement process to ultimately settle their case with them
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4 year university
- At least one year of law firm experience preferred
- Very well organized
- Good follow-up and follow through
- Strong communication skills
- Spanish speaking is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Pet Insurance
- Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage, Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Flexible Hours
- Fully-paid parking
- 401(k) with Company Match
Jacoby and Meyers was founded in 1972 with the intention of making the legal system more accessible to the average person. Now, more than 45 years later, we continue to help people get the justice and compensation they deserve. Specializing in all types of accident claims, including automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, Uber/Lyft, or trucking accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, construction accidents and other wrongful conduct, the attorneys at Jacoby & Meyers have recovered over a billion dollars for their clients' personal injury and wrongful death claims caused by the negligence of a third party.
REQUIRED:Resume, References, Pay Expectation
Jacoby and Meyers is an Equal Opportunity Employer