VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Host-Based Cybersecurity Systems Analystto support a U.S. Government customer to provide support for onsite incident response to civilian Government agencies and critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution. Contract personnel performs investigations to characterize the severity of breaches, develop mitigation plans, and assist with the restoration of services. VariQ is seeking a Host-Based Cybersecurity Systems Analyst to support this critical customer mission.
- Salary: Market rate/dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: TS/SCI Required; Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- Available: ASAP
- Location: Arlington, VA
- Acquiring/collecting computer artifacts (e.g., malware, user activity, link files, etc.) from systems in support of onsite engagements
- Assessing evidentiary value by triaging electronic devices
- Correlating forensic findings with network events to further develop an intrusion narrative
- When available, collecting and documenting system state information (running processes, network connections, etc.) prior to imaging
- Performing incident triage from a forensic perspective to include determining scope, urgency and potential impact
- Tracking and documenting forensic analysis from initial involvement through final resolution
- Collecting, processing, preserving, analyzing and presenting computer-related evidence
- Coordinating with others within the Government and with customer personnel to validate/investigate alerts or other preliminary findings
- Conducting analysis of forensic images and other available evidence and drafting forensic write-ups for inclusion in reports and other written products
- Assisting in documenting and publishing Computer Network Defense guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
- Assisting in the preliminary analysis by tracing activity to its source and documenting findings for input into a forensic report
- Assisting team members in imaging digital media
- Assisting in gathering, accessing and assessing evidence from electronic devices using forensic tools and knowledge of operating systems
- Using hashing algorithms to validate forensic images
- Under direct guidance and coaching if needed, locating critical items in various file systems to aid more senior personnel in their analysis
- Performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to computer security
- Using leading-edge technology and industry-standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected cyber intrusions
- Determining programs that have been executed, finding files that have been changed on disk and in memory
- 2-4+ years of directly relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading-edge technologies and industry-standard forensic tools
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Able to write cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Experience with the analysis and characterization of cyber attacks
- Experience with proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledgeable in the proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Experience with two or more of the following tools: --- EnCase --- FTK --- SIFT --- X-Ways --- Volatility --- WireShark --- Sleuth Kit/Autopsy --- GRR
- Experience with conducting all-source research.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree. High School Diploma and 4-6 years of host investigations experience may be substituted for the BS & 2-4 years of experience
- GCFA, GCFE, EnCE, CCE, CFCE, CISSP
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace. - provided by Dice