The Chefs' Warehouse
Starting pay is $17-19
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation s leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country.
As a Warehouse Worker, you will be responsible for providing warehouse support including picking, packing, assembly, sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to meet the facility s productivity and quality goals within the establishment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
2. Moves materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
3. Sorts and breaks down product by SKU, quantity, and product type.
4. Ability to use electric pallet jack as well as stand-up forklift is a must.
5. Effectively communicate with Receivers, Drivers, Driver Check-in, & Forklift Operators
6. Adhering to proper safety practices for truck and trailer pull process on a daily basis.
7. Sorts and stores goods in designated areas of the warehouse.
8. Responsible for the proper handling of all company issued equipment, including PPE, voice equipment etc.
9. Responsible for reporting all safety concerns in the work environment on timely basis.
10. Must wear company issued uniform.
11. Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves or moves orders to loading dock to prepare for shipping.
12. Label pallets with identifying information when instructed.
13. Opens bales, crates, and other containers when necessary.
14. Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
15. Accurately weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards. (Assists in billing process.)
16. Maintain a 99% accuracy rating of inventory records on a daily and weekly basis.
17. Responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment daily.
18. Responsible for completing daily equipment inspection logs and working safe at all times.
19. Must maintain audit-ready sanitation standards in the work environment at all times in all areas of the warehouse.
20. Must securely palletize and wrap product to prevent damage during transport.
21. Must maintain product integrity with proper handling & report damage to management immediately.
22. Must follow all company policies and procedures.
23. Follow all federal, state and local HACCP, OSHA & GMP guidelines.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Ability to lift to 60 lbs
Ability to manage time in a fast-paced industry
Ability to safely use necessary tools and equipment
Ability to work in a temperature-controlled environment
Candidates must be reliable, responsible, and punctual, with a positive attitude and work well independently and with a team
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.SFO-01 WS-01
Shift start: 12:00AM
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 60 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
- Must pass drug screen
- Must pass background check
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About The Chefs' Warehouse
The Chefs' Warehouse is a family specialty food distributor that has been purveying artisan and high-quality food products for chefs for over 30 years. As culinary experts, we are dedicated to supporting chefs every need. With locations in major metropolitan areas across the United States and Canada, The Chefs' Warehouse is focused on serving the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores in North America.