Thorlabs, a leading manufacturer of equipment for the photonics industry, is seeking to hire an experienced event coordinator to oversee all planning and logistics for both traditional trade show and pop-up roadshow efforts. This individual provides onsite management prior to, during, and after exhibition events held in the US; coordinates shipments and logistics to support our US and worldwide trade show efforts; and drives outcomes of short- and long-term marketing projects as requested. This role requires strong coordination with internal business units/entities; Thorlabs Technical Marketing, NPI Marketing, and Graphics departments; as well as external vendors and exhibit organizers.
As an ambassador for Thorlabs brand, the Trade Show Coordinator must be extremely detail oriented and a quick study of Thorlabs brand standards. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, this position requires travel to trade show / roadshow event sites up to 25% of the time, including some weekends.
- Oversees communication and logistical needs prior to, during, and after events (booking shows, hotel arrangements, shipping both domestically and internationally, processing payments, etc.), which could be occurring simultaneously, all in accordance with marketing strategy, budget, and brand guidelines
- Collaborates with business and marketing leads to execute show themes, align demos and capabilities, and secure technology, services, and collateral that meet requirements
- Continuously seeks to elevate the comprehensive trade show/roadshow experience from planning through execution by creating exceptional experiences under extremely demanding conditions
- Solves installation challenges and aesthetic concerns while on the show floor and develops preventative measures to avoid similar issues moving forward
- Takes a leading role in the development of successful trade show/roadshow efforts (e.g., finding solutions for easy transport/loading/unloading of demos, supporting multiple locations simultaneously with demos and collateral, communicating information and expectations to company attendees, etc.)
- Maintains accurate and current documentation of all trade show/roadshow processes, cross training other support personnel as needed
- Partners with the CRM Business Administrator to ensure successful lead capture
- Manages and maintains trade show equipment inventory
- Works with management to set daily, monthly, and yearly priorities based on individual trade show/roadshow calendars and deadlines
- Makes updates to the Thorlabs website that do not require technical knowledge of the products
- Bachelor s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, project management, or a scientific field
- 3-5 years of prior trade show experience preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver a presentation
- Eagerness to become familiar with new technologies/applications in the photonics and life science fields
- An ability to flourish with minimal guidance and to be proactive in times of ambiguity
- Ability to multitask, be detail oriented, and to solve problems, all while under tight time constraints
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.