MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This international manufacturing and distribution company is seeking an Accounts Receivable Coordinator to join their CENTRAL NEW JERSEY office.
This company is a manufacturer and distributor of indoor, outdoor and office furniture. This company has an international presence.
- Prepares accurate cash receipts and reconcile deposits.
- Process check and cash payments received on the account and prepare bank deposits
- Review Accounts Receivable aging and follows up on past due to accounts
- Monitor and collect payment from customers that are over their credit limit
- Resolve collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit; line coordinating contact with a collections agency
- Conduct month-end closing process and reporting
- Process credit memos and refunds when necessary
- Review and reconcile payment discrepancies in a timely manner
- Oversee and monitor customer Resale Certificates and state exemption forms
- Update customer's account information on ERP system (credit cards, billing address, tax information, etc.)
- Submit customers' credit applications for approval
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized Chargebacks
- Assist customers and sales representatives with invoice discrepancies and questions
- Support other departments regarding invoices and payments inquiries
- Assist with internal and/or external audits
- 2-3 years of dedicated accounts receivable experience
- Experience in the Consumer Products space - preferably furniture, appliances or commercial furnishings
- Experience using accounts receivable ERP systems. E-Wholesale experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally with internal and external teams
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
- Experience working independently, within cross-functional teams, in a collaborative, professional environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to prepare accurate and detailed work reports
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to assess pertinently information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and makes effective decisions
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, or business discipline preferred
- Competitive market salary
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k with match
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Employee discounts