As a Sales Associate, you are responsible for providing superior customer service and assist in driving sales across the retail and hard parts business. Provide essential task support by partnering with management to execute visual presentation standards, provide phone and in-person support to retail customers, maximize inventory, and proactively engage customers on the sales floor and at the register. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of Management, assist with store merchandising activities, maintain standards of appearance, and coordinate and cooperate with associates in the execution of plan-o-grams, overall product presentation, inventory management, reverse logistics process, pricing, signage and various product initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize inventory turns.
- Promptly answers all incoming customer calls; professionally address and direct customer needs. Engage any and all customers as needed and is fully trained on all register procedures.
- Under the direction of Management, participates in "truck-day" operations, cycle counts, audits, and organization of the back room.
- Under the direction of management, executes promotions, sales tactics, spiffs and sales incentives.
- Handle all customer transactions; including all sales, returns, and defectives. Reconcile their transaction history and drawer at the conclusion of each shift.
- Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock standards, reduction in "outside" parts purchases through secondary vendors, and proper ordering and returning of "special order" merchandise.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies. Work with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management, and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience in the automotive service environment is also preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.