$85-100K plus 20% bonus
Our client is seeking a Plant Controller who will function as a key business partner and member of the plant leadership team in a small to medium sized plant. The Controller performs and coordinates all plant accounting and financial activities and ensures all financial integrity of plant operations. This is a hands-on role requiring both detailed task work and leadership skills.
- Serve as a business partner driving profitability. Provide financial direction and support regarding financial planning, budgeting, accruals and investment activities of the plant.
- Measure performance and communicate results.
- Develop talent and grow business acumen ensuring plant management understands operational levers that affect plant profitability.
- Serve as a leader and facility contact for all audits of company accounts and financial transactions.
- Ensure accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports.
- Forecasting and budgeting activities.
- Ensure consistent delivery of accurate financial projections.
- Drive process improvements.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting required. Masters degree and/or CMA/CPA certification preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive experience as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, plant manufacturing and cost accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- High level of proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and MRP/ERP systems, SAP R/3 experience (FI, CO, MM and PP modules) preferred.
- Experience developing and leading annual budget, periodic forecasting and monthly closing process.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Previous experience with SOX/GAAP accounting environment preferred.