Harrah s New Orleans Casino & Hotel earned recognition as a City Business Best Places to Work honoree, was named #1 Large Employer in the New Orleans area by the Times-Picayune Top Workplaces program, and was named Top Winner in the category of Louisiana s Best Casino by City Business Reader Rankings. As a destination property in the heart of the city, Harrah s New Orleans is looking for fun, professional, and responsible Krewe Members who love delivering world-class services to our guests. If you enjoy working in a fun and fast-paced environment with a positive attitude, we may have the career opportunity for you!
Harrah s New Orleans is proud to offer our Krewe a professional, fun, and welcoming atmosphere. Our employees also enjoy exclusive benefits, such as:
- FREE Employee Parking
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Free Employee Fitness Center
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program on Hotel Rooms
- Discount Program with Partner Businesses
- Fun and Free Employee Events
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for Security Officers to promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest caliber customer service to all guests and team members, while protecting the company assets and maintaining a safe and secure entertainment atmosphere.
MORE SPECIFICALLY YOU WILL:
- Be responsible for maintaining security protection on property, including money transactions, customer service and performing command center/dispatch functions, when necessary.
- Ensure all guests are at least 21 years of age to enter the casino.
- Observe and report disruptive or intoxicated persons.
- Respond to security concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Provide medical assistance in emergency situations to guests.
- Provide assistance and service to guests and employees.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate over dispatch radio.
- Maintain an upbeat and positive attitude in all interactions as well as maintaining composure in handling difficult interactions.
- Comply with Louisiana Gaming Commission Regulations and procedures.
- Comply with company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Act as a role model to other employees and always present oneself as a credit to the Company and encourages others to do the same.
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- High School diploma, GED, or comparable experience preferred.
- 1 year of Security experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills including tact when dealing with difficult customers; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain extremely confidential information.
- General familiarity with investigative procedures.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests and vendors.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible with schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to compose clear, accurate, and concise reports.
- Must be able to listen and respond to visual and aural cues.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 25 lbs., and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and stack.
- Must be able to run on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
- Must be able to work in areas containing dust, second-hand smoke, varying noise and temperature levels, lighting, vibration, crowds and air quality.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the casino. Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons. Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
GAMING PERMIT: NON-KEY
Harrah s reserves the right to make changes to this job description when necessary.