The Scotts Company, Llc
The Machine Operator will be working at one of Scotts production plants mechanically combining raw materials to produce our finished product.
The Operator must understand the mixing of active solution vessels, premixes & all raw material bases for products produced.
What you'll do in this role:
- Operate a computer controlled production system for multiple raw material ingredients that are processed in a mix room.
- Solve daily operations problems with limited supervision.
- Actively maintain good housekeeping standards in their assigned area
- Complete daily job checklists & equipment checks/calibrations to maintain quality.
- Maintain accurate records of raw materials, samples & equipment operations.
- Operate a forklift to transport materials
- Perform safety audits on equipment
- All other duties as assigned
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine set up box
- Place parts in semi-automated machines
- Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy
- Perform safety checks on every machine
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times
- Maintain activity logs/downtime sheets
What you'll need to be successful:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one plus years of production plant experience is preferred.
- Able to identify all materials used, detail oriented, follow safe practices and procedures, ability to read English and or follow directions
- Able to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/ rainy weather, lift 50 pounds, and be able to climb ladders and work on their feet for the entire day.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime including weekends and holidays.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 11 holidays