Butler Aerospace and Defense
Location: Clearwater, FL
12 Month Contract
Under minimal supervision, Responsible for providing protection for a variety of circuit boards through the use of coatings, adhesives, potting, and thermal compounds.
Responsible for providing protection for a variety of circuit boards through the use of coatings, adhesives, potting, and thermal compounds for the encapsulation (protective enclosure) of assemblies.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and interprets prints, labeling diagrams and mixing ratios.
- Operate several different types of dispensing and PVA coating machines to meet customer specifications.
- Mask and/or tape circuit boards in areas that are to be free of conformal coating or potting.
- Inspect assemblies to ensure proper coating coverage.
- Maintain the coating and dispensing machines to ensure proper operating condition.
- Remove any excess coating and perform manual touch-up of any areas the coating machine may miss so boards maintain a consistent high quality.
- Transport racks of circuit boards from one destination to another to continue the manufacturing process.
- Maintain machines including changing the fluids and mixers and cleaning machines to ensure proper and efficient operation.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Knowledge of various materials used.
- Must complete applicable Specific Function Training courses.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the supervisor to accommodate fluctuating production requirements.
- Encapsulation of discrete assemblies.
- Replenishes chemicals, solvents, compounds, process fluids as required, including dispensing into secondary containers and chemical cleaning.
- Prepares and applies potting, bonding and coating compounds, lubricants, spray coats or insulated tape to a variety of components and assemblies, inclusive of all finishing processes.
- Advances or retrieves product, material, and tools in house and from local suppliers for self and others.
- Technical trade school graduate or associate technical degree preferred, as per management s discretion.
- Minimum of three (3) years similar trade experience.
- Computer literate necessary.
- Detailed spray painting skills.
- A positive attitude and dependability is a must for this position.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.