SGS North America
SGS is the world s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Our Dayton, NJ laboratory is looking for a Receptionist to join their team. The Receptionist greets visitors, handles incoming calls and performs general administrative duties. Also, this position assists other administrative staff and marketing with various projects. The Receptionist serves as the face of the organization to visitors and phone callers.
- Answering a multi-line phone system
- Performing initial qualification, organizing and entering potential lead clients into an Oracle-based system
- Meeting and greeting visitors and employees
- Receiving and sorting Fed-Ex, DHL, UPS packages
- Arranging shipments of marketing materials to off-site employees
- Maintaining visitor s logs and conference room schedules
- Preparing materials for visitors including but not limited to welcome presentations, badges
- Maintaining conference room schedules
- Receiving and distributing faxes accordingly
- Ordering office supplies
- Monitoring and distributing emails from general mailbox
- Maintaining the receptionist area clean and professional
- Adhering to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years minimum office service experience
- Previous receptionist, switchboard or administrative assistant experience preferred.
- Comfortable working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Presents neat, professional appearance
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-###-#### for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.