U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated facility management company, is seeking a Part Time Custodian in the Ashland, OH area.
The Custodian's responsibilities shall not be limited to assisting the building supervisor and lead custodian in all areas of the buildings. These areas include offices, classrooms, corridors, lobbies, and other public areas such as cafeterias, gymnasiums, auditoriums, and restrooms. Project work, especially floor maintenance, may be included in the duties of these employees if these duties are assigned.
- Opening or closing of the facility.
- Keeping school grounds clean and free from paper and litter.
- Restroom cleaning and sanitization throughout the day
- Classroom cleaning
- Corridor cleaning
- Gymnasium, auditorium, library, office etc. cleaning
- Trash removal.
- Assist Building Supervisor and/or Lead Custodian with any light maintenance work. Such as replacement of ceiling tiles and light bulbs as needed
- Perform after event set-up and clean-up.
- Report maintenance concerns (work order requests) to appropriate personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Follow instructions from supervisors; adhere to company and component policies and procedures.
- Display safe work practices
- Respond to emergency cleaning requests.
- Other required duties may be assigned by the supervisor
- This position requires experience in custodial work preferably in a school or community center environment.
- The employee must be able to demonstrate an ability to perform the essential job functions.
EQUIPMENT LIST: The following equipment is typically used in this position. The employee must demonstrate an ability to operate or learn the use of each item:
- Light vacuum (upright or backpack)
- Heavy vacuum
- Buffing machine (side-to-side)
- Automatic scrubber
- Hand truck (dolley)
- Pressure washer
- Carpet cleaning machines (Scrubbers and extractors)
- Wet vac
- Brooms and mops
Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. This is considered a medium lifting required position.
- Bending- frequent
- Pushing- occasional
- Hearing- constant
- Reaching- occasional
- Climbing - occasional
- Seeing- constant
- Speaking- frequent
- Standing- frequent
- Walking- frequent