Promotion In Motion
About Promotion in Motion Companies, Inc. (PIM):
We are one of North America s premier makers of fruit snacks, confections and other treats. Ranked amongst the top 50 on Candy Industry Magazine s Global Top 100 confectionery companies in the world. PIM has also been named as one of the fastest growing CPG companies in the U.S. by The Boston Consulting Group and IRI, for the fourth time in six years to receive this recognition.
At PIM our goal is simple: We delight consumers with delicious, high quality snacks and confections. Our commitment is to develop, manufacture and market the highest quality products in a responsible, ethical and transparent manner. We put consumers at the core of what we do and are continually looking to improve our people, knowledge, processes and technologies to accomplish this.
The incumbent serves as the first line leader and has responsibility for all packaging line operations, approximately 50 associates on a designated work shift. Through strong leadership, establishes the goals for the team, drives world-class operational performance through lean initiatives, and has overall responsibility for Safety; Machine Care, Sanitation, and Maintenance; Quality; Productivity; Cost; and, People. Will not only drive operational performance but develop exceptional talent through hiring great talent, development activities, and employee engagement initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership & development to team and associates to provide direction, inspire, challenge and guide activities pertinent to Safety; Machine Care, Sanitation, & Maintenance; Quality; Productivity; Cost; and, People.
- Aligns continuous improvement initiatives with key performance metrics to drive goals.
- Delivers with a commitment to excellence and a dissatisfaction with the status-quo.
- Develops positive relationships with internal constituents and support teams including Human Resources, Finance, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Sanitation, Logistics, and Facilities.
- Provides training and coaching on job skills, safety policies, rules and regulations, as well as other company policies and sanitation standards- Leads by example.
- Engages employees in identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that the teams comply with GMP and HACCP guidelines to ensure food safety, food quality and customer specifications.
- Conducts quality and safety audits as scheduled, partners with Quality to ensure compliance to SQF.
- Completes all reporting, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and works with Engineering, Maintenance, and Continuous Improvement to resolve any equipment inefficiencies.
- Ensures correct reporting of production and adherence to inventory procedures including FEFO control.
- Effectively handles all emergencies and reports incidents to appropriate personnel. Investigates immediately and utilizes support services (HR, Safety, Quality)
- Provide feedback, coaching and cross training to manufacturing staff to develop a highly skilled workforce with potential for promotions.
- Coordinates production activities with planning, warehouse, procurement, facilities/maintenance, sanitation, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, sanitation, and operation reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities because of equipment failure, operating problems, or Supply Chain problems..
- Inspires and motivates the team through a lively and engaging management style and care for people.
- Builds an empowered, engaged, and high performing team by hiring top talent and developing people. A coach and mentor who seeks to share knowledge and grow talent across the organization-your team will want to follow you.
- Effectively manages all employee relations matters and conflict resolution, and tracks and ensures associates comply with attendance policies.
- Creates development experiences that will cross train and grow talent.
- Ensures focus and accountability, facilitates collaboration, continuous improvement, and achievement of results.
- Manages key projects as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Associates or Bachelor s degree in Management, Engineering or another related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of similar management experience in a packaging environment, preferably within confectionary industry.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language preferred, and strong overall communication skills required.
- Strong focus with the courage, drive, and discipline to execute.
- Intellectual and analytical horsepower with ability to apply problem solving techniques and take on business challenges.
- Demonstrated personal and professional values, being a role model & positive influence on those around him/her. Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and character. Brings out the best in others by these qualities.
- Knowledge and demonstrated success driving lean manufacturing principles and tools leading to strong results.
- Demonstrated ability to hire top talent and build talented, engaged, and high performing teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience on safety best practices and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal and organization skills; and, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people, including building high levels of trust and commitment.
- Exceptional performance and record of achievement demonstrating leadership capabilities.
- Self-motivated and bias for action.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Approachable, authentic and genuine.
What We Offer:
We invite you to come and build a SWEET career at PIM. Our entrepreneurial environment is perfect for action-oriented individuals who enjoy a non-bureaucratic structure. Make an immediate and lasting impact while helping to grow our iconic brands.
PIM offers competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits for which each Associate is eligible on their first day of employment.
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, vision care, flexible spending accounts for you and your dependents
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time-off including sick/personal days, vacation, and company holidays
- Wellness Programs
- Scholarship Program
- Commuter Plan
Our Key Principles:
- Put Consumers First: Understand consumers and address their needs and desires.
- Accessible: We strive to make our brands available in traditional retail and online anywhere consumers want to find them.
- Transparency: Be open and honest about our products, ingredients, how we make them and label them.
- Responsibility: We do not advertise on any media outlets aimed at children under age 13 and have signed an industry commitment to abide by this standard.
- Community: We partner with local and national organizations on strategic initiatives to help our communities thrive.
- Fun and Goodness: At the end of the day, we make snacks and treats that bring joy and goodness to peoples lives.
Life at PIM:
We believe to our core that our true competitive advantage is talented Associates who share our values and our passion for the business.
A lot of companies talk about being entrepreneurial. At PIM, we live it every day. Associates are empowered to make decisions and bureaucracy is kept to a minimum.
Attracting, selecting, and developing top talent is what differentiates us from the competition.
You can make an immediate and lasting contribution to help grow our iconic snacking and confectionery brands, no matter your area of expertise.
We are a privately held mid-sized, global company with limited bureaucracy, committed to investing in the business.
Be part of a fast-paced environment that provides challenging opportunities to learn and grow your career. We recognize and reward achievement and foster great teamwork through collaborative and strong relationships with colleagues.
Enjoy your work and be part of a fun team and industry.
Somerset, New Jersey:
Located within Franklin Township in central New Jersey, Somerset a beautiful and friendly suburb of New York City and is one of the best places to live in New Jersey. Somerset is conveniently located minutes away from Interstate 287 and the New Jersey Turnpike.
PIM is an equal opportunity employer, and an e-verify employer.