Virginia Hospital Center Arlington Health System
Service Desk Technician
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for the daily support of VHC personal computers, associated peripherals, software and Avaya Telecomm System, including iPhone support. This position is responsible for general troubleshooting, maintenance, repair and support related tasks for all VHC IT systems. This position is responsible for thoroughly documenting all relevent information to the support request ticket in a database. Position requires being able to multitask in a fast paced environment. Must have good customer communication skills.
- Provide daily support of VHC computers and systems.
- Provide telephone support; troubleshoot/replace avaya desk phones, patient phones, wireless and iPhones.
- Install all manufacturer mandated equipment modifications and updates on assigned equipment.
- Troubleshoot/diagnose digital computer/printer problems in a connected environment.
- Interact with external customers for the purpose of determining service needs on equipment and ensuring overall customer satisfaction with the service performed.
- Maintain and repair office equipment (eg PC's, printers, facsimile machines) at various customer locations.
- Responds to support requests and resolves the support request in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Installing computer equipment
- Proficiency in Windows
- 1 year in a service role repairing computers and peripherals. A+ Certification is a plus.
- 1 year of computer equipment and phone installation preferred.
- Basic technical knowledge typically gained through completion of technical school and related experience
- Ability to read and comprehend written technical information in the form of technical manuals, parts books, and relevant publications
- Interpersonal skills and professional verbal communication skills
- A relatively high level of analytical ability to identify solutions to human, technical, or administrative problems
- Ability to install computer software
- Basic knowledge of computer networks
- Strong organizational skills and Customer Service Skills