Mortgage Underwriter - Remote
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Our client is a very well-established full-service financial institution and for the past 75+ years, they have been growing to over 70,00 member and over 120 employees. Their services include online, mobile and by mail banking, credit cards, lending which includes mortgages, home equity lines and student loans not to mention wealth management and asset protection.
This company has been ranked just recently in 2019 as one of the Best Places to work in NY and they attribute their amazing employee retention to their incredible culture, outstanding benefits and compensation packages and also their tremendous stability in the industry.
Why join us?
Entrepreneurial, collaborative work environment
True work/life balance
Excellent compensation and benefits package
401K with company match
Corporate-wide commitment to training and development
- Assures that all mortgage loan files are underwritten (within level of authority) in compliance with secondary market guidelines, specific program guidelines, credit union policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates loans to ensure data integrity of the loan files.
- Monitors daily mortgage pipeline to identify areas that require intervention in order to expedite the mortgage process and takes action accordingly.
- Works with outside vendors and service providers to facilitate the loan process.
- Supports and fulfills Management requests related to audit preparation, sale preparation and HMDA reporting.
- Functions as a business lead on departmental or organization wide projects. Contributes expertise in his/her assigned area and executes certain deliverables on the project.
- Actively works with management and staff seeking process improvements to automate and/or streamline operations and maintain adequate controls.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management, partners and vendors.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
- 4+ years of underwriting experience at a credit union, bank or other financial institution.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties.
- Results driven, service oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Detailed knowledge of secondary market guidelines.
- Some knowledge of regulatory guidelines and issues.
- Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Related experience with loan origination systems.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.