VEKA is a member of the modern, family owned global VEKA group, the world's largest extruder of vinyl lineals for the window and door industry. With more than 5,000 skilled personnel employed worldwide, VEKA serves customers in over 30 countries. Since 1983, when VEKA established manufacturing operations in the United States, we've been one of North America's most respected suppliers of vinyl window and door profiles.
In early 2000, VEKA capitalized on the growth of vinyl profiles in the fence and rail market. And by introducing VEKA deck, the first cellular PVC deck board, we created an entirely new category for the outdoor living product markets.
Product innovation and high-tech progress keep VEKA at the top of the extrusion industry. But it takes more than machines and computers to drive a company. Our dedicated workforce plays a key role in achieving the strategic goals of the company. Employees that feel valued, respected and proud of what they do not only perform to the best of their ability, but also position our company to better listen and understand our customers' needs.
VEKA, a national leader in the vinyl extrusion industry, experiencing continued growth and expansion, is accepting applications for Warehouse Picker/Handler for our site in Reno, NV. Successful candidates should have fork lift experience, a strong work ethic, safety consciousness and the ability to work Dayshift 700-330 $16 to start depending on experience.
JOB SUMMARY: Select the correct material from the Finished Goods Inventory, deliver the material to loading dock, verify material to pick list and inspect for damage (repair if necessary). Handle special projects through completion.
- Correctly pull and stage orders according to picks.
- Correctly scan and load orders on to the truck according to the shipping instructions on the picks.
- Check the barcodes for accuracy before shipping.
- Monitor Quality Assurance tags.
- Keep warehouse organized. All racks/boxes unlocked, straight and housekeeping.
- Unload, strip and clean empty racks and remove box ends, deliver to appropriate area.
- Finish Product put away
- Complete special projects as needed.
- Check the barcodes for accuracy.
- Move barcoded racks and barcoded boxes from the barcode office to their locations and enter them into the computer inventory using our barcode equipment.
- Unload, strip and clean empty racks and remove box ends, deliver to appropriate areas.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Good judgment, organization, works well under pressure and multi-task, drive & initiative, flexibility, tact & diplomacy, accuracy and timeliness.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Five years working on a forklift in warehouse environment and experience loading flatbed trucks.
High School education and able to obtain Certified Fork Truck Operators license
Available position requires the ability to work in a team-oriented environment, in addition to working injury free and following work place/plant safety practices and procedures.. Previous manufacturing experience preferred. Applicants must be available to work overtime as required. Must be 18 years or older, high School education or GED required.
Pre-employment testing includes controlled substances, physical, background check.
Because we believe in our workforce we offer training, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive compensation package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurances
- Paid Vacation prorated after 6 months/ Paid sick time after a year
- 401(k) & Pension Plan
- Yearly Profit sharing
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Tuition Reimbursement
Works well as a member of a group
Inspired to perform without outside help