Westmont Hospitality Group
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and customer service driven part - time Front Desk Agents. Our Front Desk Agents are the first point of contact for our guest and thereby set the tone for a great guest experience. Ideal candidates are able to multi-task and maintain a professional demeanor when under pressure.
- Greet guests and efficiently process registration and assignment of rooms.
- Complete daily bucket checks of in-house guest to ensure information and rates are correct.
- Assist guests with request and/or complaints and monitor issues through to resolution.
- Sort and rack incoming mail and messages.
- Answer inquiries via phone and person to person pertaining to hotel services; guest registration, area resources and entertainment venues etc.
- Protect guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so.
- Maintain records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Compute bill, collect payments and post charges to Property Management System.
- Handle lost and found items in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Complete department/shift checklists and/or reports for relevant shifts.
- Maintain visibility and availability to guests.
- All Associates must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance.
- Report all accidents, injuries, property damage and genuinely unsafe conditions to the appropriate contact immediately.
- Regular work attendance which includes flexibility in work schedule that may include afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma and or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred.
- Experience executing moderately complex math calculations such as discount rates, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages preferred.
- Exposure to Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently evaluate problems, issues, or challenges and develop, investigate, and implement solutions to resolve these challenges.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse intense situations.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds maximum.
- Occasional twisting, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, sitting, climbing stairs
- Frequent to constant standing, walking, sitting and using hands to fingers to feel/touch.
- Frequent smiling.
** Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions**