Riverside Health Care
The primary responsibility of this position is to answer all incoming calls and provide assistance to visitors entering the facility. The incumbent may perform additional clerical duties. The incumbent is the primary example of customer service and should always be courteous and helpful to customers on the phone and in person.
Essential Job Functions
P This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. P Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
Manages the telephone and switchboard:
- Operate paging/telephone system as required
- Answers calls timely and courteously.
- Directs calls promptly and accurately.
Assists visitors upon arrival to the facility:
- Greets visitors upon entry to the building courteously.
- Assists those visitors by giving directions or contacting the person they have come to visit.
- Ensure all visitors/vendors sign in
Demonstrates customer service skills in every interaction via phone or in person:
- Greets people effectively.
- Offers assistance.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Demonstrates awareness of environment and focuses attention on the front entrance.
Performs other clerical duties as assigned:
- Assists the administrator or others with special tasks or projects.
- Performs duties related to mail handling and filing as needed.
- Prepares informational packets, brochures, etc. that are maintained in the front area for visitors.
- Assist with administrative duties as directed (including typical filing, posting accounts, data entry, ect)
- Order supplies, as directed.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents' Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.