What Makes a McKibbon Preventive Maintenance Engineer?
As a member of the maintenance team, the GCPM is accountable for the proper workings and cleanliness of the overall hotel. From upkeep of general maintenance of the parking lot such as replacing lights, upkeep of security features and locks, to general clean of the hotel complex you assist with general facilities upkeep. This position is responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality work to ensure minimal disruption to guests. You have experience with general maintenance and cleaning and upkeep of an office/building complex.
A Day in the Life:
- You will work independently and monitor the in working order of the hotel
- You will follow the guidelines established by McKibbon Hospitality in a manner that offers continued protection of the company s assets, associates, and guests.
- You will pressure wash the parking lot, sidewalks, and the exterior
- You will consistently walk the hotel to maintain cleanliness and everything in working order
- You will perform various maintenance skills
- You will coordinate with Housekeeping and Front Desk ensure all maintenance needs are met
- You will interact with employees and guests, and you will display sufficient communication skills when communicating in any form.
- The ability to communicate operational activities, priorities, and problems with management engineers and supervisors
- Knowledge of common causes of equipment malfunction
- The ability to perform basic painting and caulking skills
- The ability to use standard hand tools (wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers, electricity measurements, etc.)
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance methods and techniques for maintaining equipment
- The ability to perform tests to check for normal operation of the equipment
- Knowledge of how to handle fire equipment (hand-held extinguishers, fire hoses, etc.)
- Previous building and parking garage maintenance experience (highly desired)
Ideal Skills & Qualities:
- The ability to determine what action should be taken in response to a customer complaint, comment, or inquiry
- Problem-solving skills
- The knowledge and ability to identify the appropriate tools, parts, and equipment for use in performing a maintenance task