As a Packaging Operator for MilliporeSigma your role is to stage, fill manually or semi-automatically, cap, label and over pack liquid, powder and lyophilized products per approved packaging specifications while utilizing all required safety equipment. Complete appropriate packaging documentation per ISO procedures and deliver products to inventory. Follow all quality and safety procedures as well as support quality systems. The packaging operator works in an area that may occasionally be wet, humid abnormally hot or cold.
- Wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment "PPE" to protect from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- Use senses to recognize potential hazards or chemicals
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Utilize vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
3rd Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Pay Rate: $16.80/hr +
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED required
- 6 months + chemistry related work experience.
- Basic math skills including the metric system.
- Ability to learn SOP s/UOP's, cleaning protocols, work and conduct rules.
- Ability to use safety equipment and semi-automated equipment.
- Excellent eye-hand coordination and ability to use large and small hand and power tools.
- Legible handwriting, and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to train others and work in a team setting.
- Ability to type at a computer, read CRTs/computer monitors, use phones and other miscellaneous office/manufacturing equipment.